Wednesday 5 September 2012

DIY Galaxy Print Collar

Galaxy Print. I'm like obsessed with it. It's amazing. I could literally stare at it all day, I just want to wrap myself up in it. But unfortunately I just can't seem to find any galaxy print pieces that I really love :( and I've tried to DIY it with paint and bleach etc. but I just can't seem to get it exactly right and it never looks the same. So, I have kinda cheated. I'm using transfer paper and just transferring a picture of space onto a collar! I'd love to make a skirt or dress or something but I can't find galaxy print fabric anywhere! Apart from on Spoonflower but its like $18 per yard :( and I just don't have the money for that..

So. Here's whatcha need:

  • A collar (I just cut one off one of my dad's old shirts)
  • some random fabric scrap, it doesnt really matter what it is
  • transfer paper, I used the one for dark fabrics just because I wanted a vibrant colour 
  • an iron
  • and some scissors!

All you need to do to get a picture is type in 'Galaxy Nebula Wallpaper' into google images and tons will come up. Just pick your favourite one and print it onto your transfer paper. Make sure you read all the instructions for the transfer paper first and do a test run on normal paper too!
Just download whichever image is your favourite and then print it out!


Follow the instructions for the transfer paper!
When I did mine, I just cut out the rough shape so I needed to trim a few bits off.



 And it's done! So easy and I'm actually in love with it. Seriously. 
Here's how I styled it, this was just an outfit for going to the cinema in to see The Watch with a few friends! Definitely go see it, the film is hilarious! :)




 Happy DIYing! :)








No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! Would love to hear your thoughts!